Roofing is one of the most significant parts of constructing a house. Due to the significance of the roofing procedure, the material selection should be accurate. Roofing should last for a long time, so select only the best quality products like corrugated metal roofing. These roofings have a long life and the best weather protection properties. The year 2020 marked the fourth warmest season in Australia’s history, and this rising temperature should be considered a factor during the selection of roofing materials.
Factors to Consider While Selecting a Roof
The selection of roofing has a long-term effect on the people who live in the house. So several factors need to be considered while selecting the roofing material. Some of which are,
- Design of the roof:Not all materials are suitable for some roof designs. So before buying a roofing material, make sure that it is fit for the particular roof design.
- Purpose of roofing:Some owners only need protection from rain and snow, and they might need sunlight to enter the house. So the selection of roofing should match these different purposes.
- Aesthetics:The roofing should not spoil the beauty of an aesthetically designed house. It should match the appearance of the home.
- Quality of the material:There should be no compromise on the quality of the roofing material. Because a poor variety of material may degrade rapidly and it will be a heavy financial loss for the user.
- Cost: In Australia, several roofing material providers are available. So contact a maximum number of service providers and compare their values to get the best price. If the building is for a temporary purpose, one can go for low-cost products.
Types of Roofing Materials
With the increase of house construction in Australia, the roofing suppliers now provide several types of roofing materials to meet customer’s needs. So, a basic knowledge of different kinds of roofing materials can help select the best one for one’s purpose.
Metal Roofing Sheets
The metal roofing sheets are further classified into,
- Corrugated metal roofing: These roofing materials are made with unique curves to provide more strength to the sheet. The unique design improves the durability of the metal sheet. This feature gives them a long life. Usually, these types of materials are used in agricultural buildings.
- Ultradeck roofing:These are also metal roofing sheets but has square-fluted steel cladding. This feature makes it even harder than a corrugated metal sheet.
- SpeedDeck roofing:Australia often faces heavy rainfall and strong wind. These metal sheets have a high tolerance to wind and heavy loads of rainwater. So Australians living in Australian towns where heavy precipitation and a high draft is frequent can go with this roofing material. The unique design may increase the price of these sheets.
- Longspan roofing sheets:They are suitable for curved roofs and have more flexibility than other roofing sheets. This feature helps them to use in wall cladding. These are much cheaper than other roofing sheets.
- Fibreglass roofing Sheets: These are useful for areas where protection is needed only from rain and snow. The fibreglass roofs will allow the sunlight to enter the building while blocking the harmful UV radiations. These are used in warehouses and poly farms and help to reduce the need for lighting.
2.Polycarbonate Roofing Materials
Polycarbonate roofing materials are more of a modern material type. It is a high-quality thermoplastic material that has a lower weight than other roofing materials. The durability of polycarbonate materials is higher than glass type materials. And the chance of cracking is less. It also allows the sunlight to pass through its surface without allowing the passage of UV rays. Due to the unique production, the cost of these sheets is higher than that of other roofing sheets.